Monday, December 6, 2010

Changes

In about two weeks I will face some serious changes in my life. I will no longer be enrolled at UVU. This something that I have not experienced since 2003. I will however be enrolled at the University of Phoenix. I know, I know University of Phoenix is not Harvard, or Stanford. It does however work for me with my full time job, and will allow my two little boys to see their Dad. All of this contingent on if I can pass all my classes at UVU. I pretty much have at least one paper to write for every class and I am not looking forward to it at all. Most of them are due next week. None of them are over 5 pages so it should not be that big of a deal.

I never thought I would be sad be done with UVU. I have learned a lot, and will take a lot of great memories with me. I almost feel like an adult now that I am done with school. The thing I am most excited about is being able to come home nearly every day and spend time with my family. It is not a lot of fun to be at school knowing my boys have not seen me all day. I am very lucky to have a decent job even before I graduate as well. I know the job market is not great at the moment and continues to get worse.

Another change that my will hit me is that I am getting a new Sunday school class in January. I have loved every second of my current class. Sure they talk a lot and are loud, but that is all part of the fun. I was the exact same way when I was there age. Looking back, I cant believe how strong they are at this age. I was not as strong in the church as some of them are right now. I hope my kids are. My wife and both hope that our daughters are like the ones in my class, and same goes for the boys in the class.

I am loving my job at Corda Technologies. With a new CEO though big changes are coming as well. I have my seat belt buckled and am ready for the ride of this company. Being that Corda is a small company, I have a great opportunity to make waves in my career. I hope I can rise to the occasion and do the best job possible so I can be at this company for a long time.

No comments: