Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Internship Journal Day 1

I thought it would be fun for me to keep a journal of my internship. It is with the Corporate Communications Department at XanGo. I have been wanting to stay in the state to complete an internship, and to maybe even stay with XanGo. Many prayers were answered when I was told that XanGo would allow me to Intern with them. Because I have been employed with the company since December 2007, it could not have worked better. Hopefully for that reason my learning curve will not be as steep. Day 1 was a lot of getting to know who does what and how the department works. The highlight of the day was getting to listen in on a conference call with a partner PR Firm in Chicago. When I was introduced in the conference call, the firm in Chicago told me I was in the best hands possible for an internship. This was not the first time I have been told that XanGo's PR ( Corporate Communications) Department had the best in the business. As the call proceeded I could tell that I was in the same room with some of the best minds in corporate PR. I am so lucky to have this opportunity to work such great people. I am really going to try and take everything in and learn all that I can from everyone in the department. I really believe that PR is something I can do for a career, this is just first in a very long road a head in the PR field. I cant wait to see what day two will bring.

No comments: