Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fun Things

This past couple of weeks I have had the opportunity to do some pretty things with my internship here. This week we had a lot things to do with the XanGo Cup. On Wednesday, I got to go to my first press conference. We announced that we were renewing our jersey sponsorship with Real Salt Lake. It was a lot of fun to see how they are put together. One of the really fun things that I noticed is that Bob knew what the Founders were going to say before the they said it. I am sure Bob helped them know the questions and have responses ready for them. On Saturday was the actual game VS. Club America. Before the game there was plenty things to do. I had to be at the stadium at 1 to help put a single on every chair in the entire stadium. There are 20,000 chairs at Rio Tinto Stadium, so needless to say it took some time to do that. We had a good group of volunteers that really did a great job. We got done doing that at about 4:30. After that we waited for some leaders coming from Mexico, they were going to be filmed and have dinner inside the Budweiser room. The were so excited to be there to watch the match it was really a lot of fun to feel their energy. At about 5:35 I finally got to relax and sit down. My wife was not able to attend the game because she was at Tage's birthday party. So I was all by my lonesome self. It was not that bad, I wish my wife would have been there however for the halftime show, because I was the star. Well my and Austin Gunn a co-worker here. We got to be in the Zorb Ball and be pushed around for halftime. We were the bowling ball and we got to knock over some pins for charity it was a lot of fun.We threw out some t-shirts and had a lot of fun. Currently I am working on a magazine article for Obtainer. They are a very popular magazine in Europe. The story has come together so far very well. I am waiting for my second review from my boss, I will post the story once Obtainer prints it.

No comments: