Thursday, January 17, 2008

My first Blog Entry!!!!!!!!!

This is going to be a fun thing for me to do. I feel like this will be a journal of some sort for me, which I have been wanting to do since I get home from my mission in 2005. It has been basically been about two years since I have written in a journal. I will begin by saying that this is an assignment for my reporting for The Mass Media class. The assignment is to be 400 words each time, but I am not going to use word count. Once I do not have any thing more to say I will stop writing. For those of you who know me, also know that 400 words will not be any problem fulfilling that requirement. My blog might be a little random. I am going to talk about basically whatever is on my mind at that moment. So basically it will be a sports themed blog. The BYU basketball recently played their conference road opener against UNLV. Although the Cougars had success in that arena even in the beginning of this season beating then #6 Louisville, and giving current #1 North Carolina all they could handle. That Vegas luck ran out as the Cougars were humiliated, embarrassed, all those words you never want to hear. I can not remember the last time a BYU team was humiliated like that. It's not like we have never seen UNLV play or know what they are going to do. It is unacceptable to lose to conference opponent by that much. On the other hand, the BYU football program looks like it is in the best shape I have ever seen it since I can remember. I wish they would have gone after a better opponent than Northern Iowa for the season opener. Although I am very pleased that BYU has worked out a deal with Boise State starting in 2012. The one time I did see a BYU Football team play Boise State was in 2003 is a snow storm. That was an ugly game. I do not expect to a lose a game in 2008. If there is a game that does worry it is the Washington game. Although the Huskies were 4-8 in 2007, they did play the toughest schedule in the NCAA. Playing the likes of Hawaii on the road, Ohio State, beating Boise State, in Boise, they also lost to #1 USC by a mere three points. BYU needs to get up for that game. As many of you will remember in 1996 when BYU went to the Cotton Bowl and defeated Kansas State, BYU's only loss on the season came to the Washington Huskies. Collie better come ready to play. The BYU Defense must be ready for Huskies super sophomore Quarterback Jake Locker, who is a run pass option on every play. See you all next week

2 comments:

Shana said...

Remember to tell your family and friends about your blog, so that they can enjoy reading about you.

Jaime said...

Good job, Ty! What did you think about the BYU-Utah game yesterday?